My jeans are thrifted ($9)
1. Be Patient: most of us go into a thrift store expecting treasures, and most of the time, that’s not the case. Go in there on a day you have time to spend looking through lots and lots and lots of clothes.
2. Go alone: This could more of a preference than a tip BUT I personally prefer to shop alone. Don’t get me wrong, I love a girls trip to the mall and shopping around but I usually tend to focus more in spending time with my friends than trying to ‘shop’. When I thrift I don’t want to feel like I’m rushed or that I have move at a certain pace. I literally look through each rack more than once, and that can be overwhelming for some people!
3. Listen around to employees: Sometimes supervisors throw random special and sales depending on the crowd, so listen around to what’s going on. The last time I went thrfting I was around the register looking through the accessories and the cashier said “for the next 30 minutes, 25% off women’s blouses, for only 30 minutes!” At this point I had tried on so many things and had been in the store for over an hour, so I knew THAT was my time to make my purchases. (Got a shirt and dress for $6 each!)
4. Look beyond the garment: A lot of times we get caught up in the ‘ah what an ugly jean jacket’ BUT don’t do that! That ugly jean jacket could be a super cool fringed-out top. (use those ugly sleeves as something to tie around and use it a top, or even a dress!) Think about what’s in your closet and what pieces you want to add in there. Get creative with your finds, after all, it probably only cost you $7 anyway!
5. Have an open mind and enjoy it: Thrifting should be fun!! If you go in with a positive attitude and an open mind I promise you something in there will catch your eye!
Show me your thrift finds! tag me on IG @themodelsmarket