I was Downtown about a month ago and I remembered my friend telling me i NEEDED to go to LF store. So! I dragged my friend Karen and we literally melted all over the floor when we realized we wanted to take the entire store home with us lol. Long story short, we did some damage BUT there were these super distressed cut off shorts that Alex (friend that works at this awesome store you all should check out) had thrown into our pile of clothes. They were so edgy and baggy and hot and I thought of so many outfits I could pull off whenever I was going to wear them. Except the price kind of brought me back down to reality…. 🙁 WOMP.
I came home and I kept thinking about the shorts…ahhhhhhh then I remembered Nick gave me some super old Levi’s and I hadn’t figured out what I was going to do with them until now!! So I grabbed the jeans, got the picture of the shorts off the website and began this awesome inspired DIY!
HOW TO: STEP BY STEP
- Pick out your jeans.
- Take a pen and draw yourself some lines…lots of lines…as a guide for where you’ll be cutting
- Fold where you’re going to be cutting the length (this is optional since you can do this after you shred)
- Take anything thick and place it inside your jeans so you don’t end up cutting through both sides.
- Use a knife for rough and messy cut, or use scissors and then rough your cuts up with a knife once you’re done.
- I didn’t necessarily cut on the exact lines that I drew so if you end up with any thick strips go ahead and split those in two (which is what you see in the middle picture)
- Once you finish shredding both legs, try them on.
- Make sure the last strip that’s shredded is the desired length for your cutoffs.
- If so, CUT THOSE BABY’S RIGHT ACROSS!
- Flip them inside out and throw them in the washing machine
- I suggest washing them to get more of a distressed look to them.