Hey guys –
Happy Tuesday! I think one of the best parts about using social media is getting the chance to meet other people! Like, how about someone in Greece?! OKAY! I’m so happy she reached out because a lot of times we get so scared (I know I do) of reaching out to a fellow creative in hopes to do something together. So eyes today’s “Summer Must Have” blog post is in collab with a new friend, Chrissa, thank you instagram. I really had to sit down and think about things I’ve been using non-stop that have helped me get through the summer so far. I feel like without these items (old or newer) summer wouldn’t be the same.
Before we get into my list, I wanted to give a quick shout out to Plush Blow Dry Bar (Boca Raton, Florida) for taking me in yesterday and giving life to my hair! You guys were so sweet and I needed Nick to take some photos of my hair. Let’s be real here: a girl’s number one summer must have should totally be ‘beach babe hair’. Am I right? Ha! Okay:
Summer Must Have’s in 3…2…1…
1. White Distressed Boyfriend Jeans – These jeans right here are my absolute go to. They are so comfortable and really go with any style I choose to go with.
2. Sunglasses / Contacts – Is this a weird combination or what? I’m a HUGE fan of sunglasses but it sucks when I can’t properly wear them around all day long. So for me a good pair of sunglasses and a pair of contacts are the perfect match for my summer season. Recently I’ve been wearing these cat eye sunglasses from Sunglass Up non-stop. They truly go with everything! (self pun here but you can totes use TORRES20 for 20% off anything on the site!) That’s only good until the end of July! Love these cat eye options here:
3. Back Less Shoes – Don’t lie. You so saw this one coming! I’ve been obsessed with my yellow slide sandals from forever21 so much because (well, my cousin Genesis) I’ve realized that slides are my transitional shoe. Seriously, it’s helped to go from wearing flats all year round to getting used to ‘sandals’ and feel ok with showing my toes. See these sandals on my wish list:
4. Pop Socket – Is this one crazy or what? I recently got a pop socket and I’m pretty attached (literally) to it. Since getting it I pretty much feel like a super women holding my phone; right? Do you have one? How much better have your selfies gotten? Or how about not dropping your phone on your face in the middle of the night? YEAH I got you there, huh?! It’s totally a must have.
5. Eyelash Curler – This is honestly something I use every. single. day. I can’t go anywhere without curling my lashes first. I know this is a ‘summer’ themed post and I use a curler all year round but especially for summer; I need my curler. The summer heat is NO joke and since my eyes tend to look small I need a little help to look awake. So, thank you eyelash curler. You’re the real MVP. I take my lash curler everywhere I go and ironically today I left it on top of my vanity. UGH today will be one of those, I feel it! Haha A small tip for using eyelash curlers: press the curler at the base a few times and slowly move up the rest of your lashes. It helps to curl all the lashes vs. having a straight up curl that looks really awkward. ALSO I know people say to NOT do this BUT if you’re really careful (which I am) I love curling my lashes after my mascara has dried down. I know, that sounds really un-safe and scary but it really helps my heavy lashes stay up a little while longer. Below are some Tweezerman options, which is the brand I use:
6. Sneakers – Ok. This one I can explain. You’re probably thinking “you already said backless shoes” YES you are correct BUT there is something about throwing on a pair of sneakers that I really love doing this summer. I love the comfort factor of wearing my white Nike’s but I also love how it helps to change the tone of my look. You know? I could dress really chic and girly and then throw on some sneakers and you’re like OK girl, I see you! I have the white on white on white (lol emphasis on all white) Nike’s that are shown below but I’ve been dying for a pink pair so I share a pink option here:
Alright! Now that you have my (really strange) list of Summer Must Have’s go over and check out Chrisa’s list here: Chrisa The Greek