If you’re anything like me…you must pack way too much! This past weekend I went on a cruise to the Bahamas and I wanted to narrow down my most essential products. Since I knew I was going to be all-fun-in-the-sun I really only wanted to bring what I knew I would use.
Here we go:
- ChapStick – You really don’t want to have burned or chapped lips on a vacation…bring extra just in case.
- Facial Mist– This one is my ride or die facial mist. It’s rose water and it feels amazing on my face (I like to spray it on my hair…and Nick’s face too)
- SPF– On a daily basis I don’t use this specific moisturizer, even though I should, BUT I knew for the cruise this would be perfect because its a 2-in-1 product. I didn’t picture it above but a CC cream with SPF would be perfect but since I don’t have a CC cream, I brought my MUFE HD Stick Foundation to wear on top for some extra coverage at night for dinner and stuff.
- Hair Brush – I love this tangle ease brush! I’ve owned it for about a year or so and it does wonders for my hair. I love that it’s plastic so it dries quickly allowing me to throw it in my bag. Perfect for those beach days.
- Sea Salt Spray – This is great because if you can’t make it back to shower between pool and dinner you can spritz this on your hair for some body and texture.
- Dry Shampoo – I love dry shampoo! (I’m literally loving everything so far…bear with me) I use dry shampoo so often to give some bounce and volume to my hair, so I figured it was needed to go along with the spray.
- Mascara – I’ve recently been using this one from L’Oriel and it’s waterproof so it’s perfect.
- Lash Curler – IF anything else, don’t forget this because if you’re in a rush in the morning; curling your lashes will help your eyes look more open and alive.
- Brow Pencil – This may not be an essential to everyone, but if you’re like me and like keeping your brows on point…throw it in the bag.
- Brow Gel – A brow gel is useful even if you don’t fill in you brows because you’re at least keeping your brow hairs in place while relaxing by the pool!
- Cheek Highlight – Speaking of relaxing by the pool…you might want to glow like a goddess, SO…take a highlight with you and use it on your cheeks, collar bones, shoulders and just anywhere you want the light to hit you.
- Bronzer – This specific bronzer has been my baby for about a year. I love that it brings a brush so it makes it travel friendly. This is great to sweep over the perimeter of your face before hitting brunch!
- Powder – I brought my translucent powder with the sole purpose to use it with the next product but if you’re oily bringing a powder will help out as your out in the sun.
- Concealer – I’ve got some dark circles and since I didn’t want to wear a full face while on the boat using just a little bit of concealer helps to hide any imperfections before heading out. I use the powder to set under my eyes because I don’t want a creasy disaster down there!
- Beauty Blender – Last but not least…a beauty sponge. You can use this for everything! For concealer, setting your under eye with powder, you can even spritz some facial spray and then pick up some of the highlight and rub onto the cheeks for more intensity. It also eliminates having to pack so many brushes!
What are your favorite traveling beauty essentials? I’d love to know! Stay tuned for pictures from my cruise coming soon.
All items found on my Polyvore here