Hey guys! First I just wanted to say thank you for all the love on the new site, I’m really happy you guys love it as much as I do! It’s funny how something as simple as ‘switching up your layout’ can inspire you. Remember back to the days when we had MySpace and it was so cool to change up your layout? You literally had to change the song, your bio, your top 8 went to a top 4 because you’re way cooler now of course and you needed a new profile photo. HA! That’s I felt when I hit ‘publish’ I’m sure you can relate but if you can’t…just trust me on it.
Now to the fun stuff. Fashion. Trends. The main sauce! It’s been really hot here in south Florida which means nothing else but ‘summer is here’ (and will be here all year round to be honest) but for dramatic effect let’s just say it’s hot now because of the season change. With each season we see trends emerging, they can be new or some re-occurring ones. There’s always tons of them but usually only a couple of them have a prominent appearance across social media and street style (everywhere you look outside of your phone screen) I love trends because I think they are fun and actually very challenging if you think about it. We are all unique so when you are ‘trendy’ you’ve really got to challenge yourself to remain unique while incorporating something that ‘everyone’ else is doing. So, personally I love trends because of that challenge. I wanted to share with you my top 5 summer trends. I think these are super easy to wear and style and can totally be used in combination with your staple pieces. Let’s get to it! (p.s. – there are four options, so be sure to click the arrow to view all the options!)
- Cullotes and Bold Stripes: If you know me then you know I absolutely love cullotes but I mainly became over the moon for them last year. I love how they elongate your legs! I swear they do. Get a pair that is a high waist and pair them with nude sandals or heels! I love mixing trends so I wanted to incorporate bold stripes into this category THOUGH this bold stripe trend is making its own debut by itself.
2. Oversized Jumpsuits: These are just so easy to wear during summer because there is no thought process required! This season especially we are seeing over sized jumpsuit which I think is awesome because you can more with them. Think belts, waist cinchers, scarves, etc. The jumpsuit I’m wearing in the featured photo is this one called “Valerie” it comes in black and red. You can find it here, it’s limited availability so hurry! haha
3. Gingham: For some reason I always get plaid and gingham confused which is why I like that I’m seeing lots of gingham in yellow, blue and yes red. You can incorporate gingham in many ways!
4. Pom Pom’s: These have been the ultimate rage lately and I can see why! I love that so many brands have their own version of these which goes back to point of being trendy in an unique way. You guys know I’m obsessed with my ride or pom pom earrings by Charming Charlie (find the whole selection here) but I wanted to share other items that incorporated pom’s in them as well, like these:
5. Mules and Slides: Last but not least…LITERALLY can’t stop wearing my new mules! I linked them here but of course these other styles are also on my wish list. These are so fun because it’s all in how you style them, I think this this hottest shoe this season because it’s totally for the inner fashionista in you. You have to own this style otherwise it will wear you vs you wearing them. Let me know if you want a see a more in depth post about how to style mules. A lookbook could be really fun, right?
Remember these are just my top favorites, let me know which are yours!