Hey guys! Welcome back to the blog! I was too excited about writing this post that I went blank and had no idea what to write. WHAT. I mean, do you ever have those days? Because I totally had one of those weeks. I wanted to create great content and impress everyone around me because of this particular occasion. I then came to realize that what I needed to do was just sit down and thank Jord Watches for collaborating with me on the first sponsored post for The Model’s Market.
If you recall this blog post where I shared how creatives should get paid for creating content then you can only imagine how excited I was to say ‘yes’ to this campaign. With that being said let’s talk about how Jord Watches has helped me realize how rewarding it is to work really hard at your craft.
As a lover of accessories and having worked in accessories for about 5 years I can say these watches are magnificent; there’s pretty much a watch for everyone. I really love these three pictured above, here is my wooden timepiece. I’ve even loved seeing how my blogger friends style their Jord Watch and I love how it matches their unique style.
When Jord reached out to me I was pretty excited, I remember sitting in the office with Nick reading him the email and thinking ‘wow. This company wants to work with little old me?’ What an honor to be able to create content for such a cool campaign. I started thinking of way too many ideas because I knew I wanted this to be a little different than your normal #ootd featuring the watch post. I love their slogan ‘Wear Time Well’ and when I started thinking about it I realized that time goes by so sooo fast. Think about it. We’re already in August of the year 2 0 1 7. I don’t know about you but it was just Christmas the other day.
So I ask you: how have you spent this past year? What are you doing to grow closer to your dreams? What blessings have come your way just in these past summer months? What’re your goals for the months coming ahead?!
I want to share simple ways you and I can ‘Wear Time Well’
1. Wear Time Well and…turn off your notifications. GIRL. What. YES. please do it! I mean you have (or can have by entering my giveaway here) this snazzy watch to tell you time. so keep your phone in your pocket and don’t worry about every time your screen lights up. I’ve had mine off for about a month or so and I would need to do a whole other blog post telling you how liberating that feels.
2. Wear Time Well and…Set your alarm a little bit earlier than normal. Okay don’t laugh but I have my alarm set to only 10 minutes before my normal wake up time. It’s only 10 minutes BUT just bringing your mind back to earth and opening your eyes a little bit earlier can set your mood for the day. I will say I still lay in bed for those 10 minutes but my mind and heart are awake so I can mentally prepare myself for what’s coming that day. I’ve been loving praying this ‘God allow me to add value to someone today’. So, in those 10 minutes try something like that too!
3. Wear Time Well and….plan out your week. Yes this kind of goes along with number two if you’re preparing for your day. I bring it up because If I plan out my week I’m much more productive. When I write things down I feel like I’m being held accountable. Even if it’s just too myself and that’s a good thing! You guys know I’m obsessed with stationary and I’m not ashamed to say I have three planners lol. I keep one in my laptop bag with a cute pen. If you have a cute pen, you want to write stuff. So, with your cute pen write little weekly goals and spend time working towards them.
4. Wear Time Well and… time yourself getting ready. This is HUGE for me because I can take an HOUR brushing my eyebrows. Lol is that ridiculous or what? Before I know it my entire morning has gone by, I haven’t even had coffee yet and I get discouraged to leave my house because ‘well it’s already 1pm’. So, pick out your ootd the night before (yup. I’ve always done that. Do not laugh!). Give yourself a set time to be out of the door. I’ve been trying to do this and when I succeeded I went to the coffee shop two times by myself!!! (If you know me then you know my phobia of loneliness) I also absolutely survived. Yay.
5. Wear Time Well and…be present in the moment. Smile, cry, enjoy, and listen when people are talking to you instead of looking at your phone (or the amazing watch you get by entering my giveaway). Since I’ve turned off my notifications I feel more present throughout my day. Not so much at night because that’s when I log on to my socials and see what I’ve missed but definitely during my day. I don’t plan on turning them back on anytime soon and I think it will really make a difference in everything you do. To give you a reference I haven’t checked Instagram the entire time I’ve been writing this or Facebook or anything! I can just sit here in freedom and talk to you.
One more time a huge thank you to Jord Watches for collaborating and sponsoring this post. It’s been an honor writing this post and really bringing a deeper meaning to my new watch. I’ll keep these words in my heart forever!
I now encourage you to Wear YOUR Time Well! Jord Watches and I are hosting a giveaway to give one lucky human a gift code for $100 off any watch AND everyone who enters a gift code for $25. You can enter here. Good luck!